Notifications
Clear all

Rise of Flight and IL-2 BOX

Page 1 / 9

John (Porks)
(@porks)
Fangio or Admin Admin Registered
Topic starter  

A few of us mess around sometimes in Rise of Flight and IL-2 BOS.

Clippy, John, Dani, Tony and sometimes Stuart have a mess around in both these great sims.

Here is a couple of Rise of Flight videos. We mostly fly on the odd days we are not racing, which is mostly Saturday afternoons, Sunday and maybe a day in the week which is usually a Thursday when we have a bit of free time.

PC: Win10 64 bit, AMD Ryzen 1300X @3.7Ghz, Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 , 16Gb DDR4, NVidia GTX1070, Thrustmaster T500RS/F1 addon

Tony and Dani liked
Keeper
(@keeper)
Passed ARDS Test Registered

I have Rise of Flight and nearly all the map DLC but have barely played it (never online). I need to get some practice just flying the darn things -- especially after recently watching the "Dogfight Derby" episode of Savage Builds. (Trailer: https://feedback.facebook.com/watch/?v=660832664417222 )

ReplyQuote
Keeper
(@keeper)

Got ROF working again. I really need to figure out what button mapping to use. I can't really reach my keyboard when I'm holding the joystick because leaning forward to reach the keyboard causes the stick to push against my steering wheel, but between the stick, the steering wheel and shifter units I have about 30 buttons available. Using a head-tracker when I fly so I don't even need any buttons or hat switches for viewing. So many options... Need to decide what goes where then draw up a reference diagram for myself.

ReplyQuote
Clippy
(@clippy)
National Champion Registered

Will talk you through it Keeper when next we are all online.

I am using a TM T Flight Hotas x, (and my T300 wheel and pedals in IL2 BoX). I also have wee USB keyboard / pad thing for keybindings, as I also find the

keyboard a bit too cumbersome on an overly cluttered desk.

In an effort to get together on a more regular basis, I can do a Wed and or Sunday night, and as Mrs Clippy works alternate weekends I will be able to find 2-3 hours on a Sat or Sun afternoon ? 

Cheers

Mark

Dani liked
ReplyQuote
John (Porks)
(@porks)
Topic starter  

I will be ok for Wednesday Evenings, Saturday afternoons and Sunday Afternoons/Evenings. I would rather keep Saturdays and Sunday afternoons free for mission building, but if I can quickly build one on a Saturday morning then its ok if anyone else wants to fly.

I cant do Monday's, Tuesdays Fridays, Saturdays as racing and Thursday's I like to keep for Netflix and Chill 😘 but I could possibly fly for an hour after racing.

PC: Win10 64 bit, AMD Ryzen 1300X @3.7Ghz, Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 , 16Gb DDR4, NVidia GTX1070, Thrustmaster T500RS/F1 addon

Dani liked
ReplyQuote
Dani
 Dani
(@dani)
Professional Racing Driver Registered

I am following you guys

PC: WIN10 64bit, i9-9900K @5Ghz, Aorus Z390 Master, 32Gb DDR4 @3.2Ghz, MSI RTX2080-watercooled, Fanatec Rig,

ReplyQuote
Tony
 Tony
(@tony)

How about try a Wednesday then?  I usually keep the SWMBO company on Sunday eve - watching the box/tube/telly 😋 

ReplyQuote
John (Porks)
(@porks)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @tony

How about try a Wednesday then?  I usually keep the SWMBO company on Sunday eve - watching the box/tube/telly 😋 

Sounds good, seems like Wednesday is the day, working on a new mission which we tried last night but needs a few tweaks, will hopefully have it ready for then.

Dani liked
ReplyQuote
Keeper
(@keeper)

I'll be getting off work at 8 p.m. your time on Wednesday (short 8 a.m. to noon shift for me), so by 8:30 or so I could be around. I'm getting my button maps sorted. I think I'm going to swap position of the engine blip button to be a little easier to reach. Flew a blipper for the first time yesterday, the Eindecker. Stalled it when trying to slow down before making my descent but managed to dead-stick it in the airfield. Better than my landing of the triplane upside-down in a tree ("Successful landing" though!).

Tony liked
ReplyQuote
Keeper
(@keeper)

It was cool to fly around with other people. Busted a couple balloons. Didn't last long in a 3-on-1 versus AI planes (note to self: don't go it alone!).

Anyway, to set the mood for next time, here's a live stream I did November 2018 to mark 100 years since the Armistice -- my player piano playing nearly three hours of music from the war.

ReplyQuote
Clippy
(@clippy)

Thx Ron .. and cheers everyone, was a hoot last night, shame I had work stuff keep pulling me away, but very enjoyable non the less.

Same again next week or do we cycle between RoF and Il2 BoX ?

Thanks to John for putting the missions together.

And I am going to fetch those skins down while I think on ....

o7 pilots.

ReplyQuote
Tony
 Tony
(@tony)

Was fun flying around Verdun last night with you all

I've looked more closely at my mike settings (well tucked away in Settings..) & found it was on 40, now put up to 95, so hopefully should be ok!

Still need to get the hang of typing a message to you Dani - the talk-box would disappear as soon as you let go of the Windows key, which was odd, so I guess I wasn't doing it properly!

But we had some good battles with the ai-foe, who were pretty good at aerobatics even on their lower-skill setting, 😲 

The Gotha's were too good - like porcupines with their super-accurate gunners front & rear..

Maybe have a go with iL2 next week?  I'm easy though as I like both 

ReplyQuote
John (Porks)
(@porks)
Topic starter  

I am trying to get the Channel mission running for next week, I have made a few tweaks which I will test at the weekend, so if we could try that out please? I will also start an Il2 mission Saturday and see how it goes and let you know if it will be ready for Wednesday, but all good for Wednesday here for me at the same time.

Dani liked
ReplyQuote
Tony
 Tony
(@tony)

Posted by: @porks

I am trying to get the Channel mission running for next week, I have made a few tweaks which I will test at the weekend, so if we could try that out please? I will also start an Il2 mission Saturday and see how it goes and let you know if it will be ready for Wednesday, but all good for Wednesday here for me at the same time.

Fine with me my old tin of fruit  😊  

John (Porks) and Dani liked
ReplyQuote
Clippy
(@clippy)

Posted by: @porks

Fine with me too John... 

and if anyone wants the Skin packs they are all on the ftp server..details below

gForce FTP Server

user: gforce

pass: tallyho123!

o7 Clippy.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 9
Share: