Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] League Penalty Point System - November 2019 Onward

John (Porks)
(@porks)
Fangio or Admin Admin Registered
Topic starter  

Copied here to help with Stewarding

From November 2019 onward, RSL will have a new penalty points system for all leagues, these apply penalties depending on the incident. These penalties are accumulative. So if you already have a penalty from a previous race you will get the next one in the list. The first two penalties are time penalties but after that you will start losing points. The penalty list is as follows:

• Offence 1: 5 second penalty.
  • Offence 2: 10 second penalty.
  • Offence 3: 2 points lost.
  • Offence 4: 3 points lost.
  • Offence 5 - ∞ : 4 points lost and so on.
  • Ending someones race with an avoidable collision: 15 second time penalty.
  • Deliberately taking someone out - all points lost for that race.
  • Deliberately taking someone out more than once - race ban.
  • Deliberately driving down the circuit backwards and ramming - server, Discord and forum ban.
  • Using incorrect tyres in Qualifying - back of the grid for the race.
  • Using incorrect tyres in a Race - 10 second penalty added to your race time.
  • Using cheats - all points lost and a league ban.
  • Consistently cutting corners outside of being acceptable: 15 second penalty in race, back of grid in next qualifying.
  • Using more than 12 laps in qualy - auto dq from rFactor2 and back of grid for the race.
  • Driving backwards in an official session - auto rFactor2 dq and no removal of dq unless you are new.
  • Causing trouble on Discord: - 1 incident = 5 second penalty, consistent abusive behaviour on Discord - removal and ban from Discord, forum and league.
  • Using Discord to advertise other leagues - removal and ban from Discord, Forum and our communities.

The full set of league rules can be read here - https://rslesports.com/community/faq/rsl-league-rules/

PC: Win10 64 bit, AMD Ryzen 1300X @3.7Ghz, Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 , 16Gb DDR4, NVidia GTX1070, Thrustmaster T500RS/F1 addon

Titus Stevens
(@titus-stevens)
International Driver Registered

As a result of yesterdays league race, I would like to hear your opinion about my idea for a new rule.

It occured two times that Nicola and me were side by side (or at least almost) and when we braked for the corner, Nicola moved to my side. In real life racing this wouldn´t be allowed, as it is "moving under braking" and dangerous for both drivers. As no collision accured, I don´t want to show the accident to the stewards, but I want to warn about the circumstance that in the future, a collision might not be avoidable. 

Also I would like to see a clear line about "waving" (moving from side to side numerous times, while a driver is close behind), so that no heated discussions follow, if such an incident happens.

My idea for the mentioned "moving under braking" is that the driver shouldn´t get a penalty for that, but maybe a warning. And only if this driver receives e.g. 3 warnings in one league, this gwts converted in a penalty.

I would like to hear, what you think about my idea.

Thank you for your attention,

Greetings Titus.

ReplyQuote
Stuart Phillips
(@stuart-phillips)

For sure a driver can only move once, what race and lap Titus did this happen? I need to see it

ReplyQuote
John (Porks)
(@porks)
Topic starter  

It is already in our main rules here: https://rslesports.com/community/faq/rsl-league-rules/

3.6 BLOCKING - Drivers may conduct one tactical manoeuvre to dictate the line of the opposing driver while defending a position. This manoeuvre must be conducted with sufficient time and distance so as not to:
a. Initiate any contact with the opposing driver
b. Force the opposing driver to take evasive action to avoid contact
c. Impede the immediate forward progress of the opposing driver [force him/her to brake or lift throttle]
d. Take place within established and/or recognized braking zones

Failure to meet any of these conditions will be deemed as blocking and subject to penalty.

PC: Win10 64 bit, AMD Ryzen 1300X @3.7Ghz, Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 , 16Gb DDR4, NVidia GTX1070, Thrustmaster T500RS/F1 addon

ReplyQuote
Share: